The client has saved 63.28% on translation services, and 80% of AutoCAD drawing’s DTP & Layout was accomplished by a scrip two times faster than a human normally does it
At the end of April 2020, we completed another project for a regular client from the EU. Two months’ work. 100% compliance with the project deadlines, the quality of DTP & Layout has exceeded the client’s expectations.
Terms of Reference:
- Translate 1177 AutoCAD drawings
- Follow terminology according to the client’s glossary
- Make “ENGLISH / RUSSIAN” (bilingual design) drawings.
Why Did the Client Entrust the Project to FREEDOM Translation Agency?
- We have implemented a computer-assisted translation tool (CAT*)
- We have implemented a translation quality assurance tool, which has long been the standard of our translation agency.
- We have automated the layout of AutoCAD drawings by 80%: the programmed script makes up a drawing and a DTP specialist controls and checks its operation. This is a revolutionary technology!
*Don’t confuse CAT with Google Translate or any other machine translation. This is a completely different thing.
How Did the Computer-aided Translation Software Affect Quality and Speed?
- The terminology is 100% consistent with the client’s glossary.
- Errors in the translation of numbers are 100% eliminated.
- 100% translation consistency.
- Due to the CAT software, 2,284 pages have been translated by one translator in 10 working days! This is 228,4 pages per day (a standard translator’s speed is 8-10 pages per day). 10 days instead of 285.5. The CAT software made it possible to speed up the translation by 28,5 times.
How Did the Automation of the DTP & Layout Process Affect Quality and Speed?
- All 1177 drawings have the same perfect design and proper formatting.
- Our script makes up drawings at an average speed of 175% compared to the speed of the fastest DTP specialist (a human being)*.
- Unlike humans, the script doesn’t get tired, which means that the speed and quality of DTP & Layout don’t decrease at the end of the day.
*Script speed is variable. It deals with the DTP & Layout process 1.5–2.5 times faster than a human.
How Much Money Did We Save for the Client?
- 63.28% on translation services + client didn’t pay extra for urgency.
- 0% on DTP & Layout services, but the client has received 100% equally correct 1177 drawings and didn’t pay extra for urgency.
How Did We Complete the Task?
- We opened each drawing, checked the correctness of text layers, corrected errors, and sorted the drawings into two types.
- We exported texts from AutoCAD drawings to MS Excel.
- We created a translation project in our CAT tool for each type of drawing: then we connected a translation memory and a glossary.
- We translated texts of AutoCAD drawings.
- Did a proofreading.
- Then we used a translation quality assurance tool to check the translation.
- We imported the translation into AutoCAD drawings.
- Afterwards, we made up drawings (2,800 pages) in two languages: “ENGLISH / RUSSIAN”.
The Client’s Feedback After They Checked the Work